Monday, August 2, 2010

Camp Sweet Camp

Click pictures to make larger and see details:




Here are a few pictures of camp life.  While the boys went off to the arena show we "campsat" and kept an eye on everything.  It was an eerie ghost town.  While everyone was gone, I took a few pictures of patrol flags and patrol kitchen chore charts.  Keep in mind that the boys are doing their own cooking and cleaning!!  Ha!!  There is quite a range.  My husband was resting in one of the cleaner camps while I was snooping.  I really felt guilty being in their homes without permission.  I will admit that I looted a chicken salad lunch can and a nutrigrain bar from the leftover food pile in Troop 2022 for my dinner. 

On the first day while camp was being set up, a couple of the boys came up to me with bewildered looks on their faces and wanted to know where their camp was.  I pointed them in the right direction and then understood better why each Troop puts up a gateway.  The unique entries help everyone to recognize who lives there and also helps the boys to find their way home.  For the last two jamborees Grand Canyon Council has put up a western town.  Some of the gateways even match the troop patches.  We also have fencing that connects us all together. 

P.S.  This is the most friendly chatty environment I have ever been in!!  For example, I sat in line at the Post Office yesterday for over an hour and met the nicest people from PA, CA, IL and more.  (I only happened to have a $1 in my pocket so I bought one envelope with a scout stamp on it for 82 cents.  My favorite souveneir!!)







No comments: